In 2015, countries adopted the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and its 17 Sustainable Development Goals. In 2016, the Paris Agreement on climate change entered into force, addressing the need to limit the rise of global temperatures. Explore this site to find out more about the efforts of the UN and its partners to build a better world with no one left behind.
In September 2015, countries adopted a set of 17 goals to end poverty, protect the planet, and ensure prosperity for all as part of a new sustainable development agenda. Each goal has specific targets to be achieved over the next 15 years, including:
- Eradicate extreme poverty for all people everywhere
- End preventable deaths of newborns and children under 5
- Achieve universal and equitable access to safe and affordable drinking water
- End all forms of discrimination against all women and girls
- Minimize and address the impacts of ocean acidification
Follow the link to learn more about the SDGs and how you can take action and contribute towards achieving sustainable development